This Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli recipe is a quick and easy side dish for dinner. Utilize your air fryer to cook crisp broccoli from frozen! One of the greatest methods to quickly prepare a serving of perfectly roasted broccoli is to use your frozen broccoli.
Looking for more delicious recipes? be sure to check these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, Air Fryer French Toast, or my Grilled Buffalo Chicken!
This is a fantastic side dish! You will really adore this if you enjoy roasted vegetables! And you can have this whenever you want by using a frozen bag!
Why you’ll love it
In the air fryer, frozen vegetables are always an option. I have been doing things for years, and they always work out flawlessly. In some cases, there is nothing better.
The best part is that you can always have this on hand and use it as a quick and nutritious veggie side dish.
Then season your broccoli with some spices. Anything functions. Below, I included some fantastic ideas for spicing up your broccoli.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
This is an overview of the ingredients needed to make this air fryer frozen broccoli. The full list and detailed instructions are down below in the recipe card!
This is a super simple recipe, so there will be no complicated ingredients or an endless list. Air fryer frozen broccoli is basically broccoli florets and oil, with that being said, here is the list of the basic ingredients:
- Broccoli Florets.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Salt and pepper.
The spice blend can be customized in any way. Actually, all you need to cook frozen broccoli in an air fryer are the broccoli florets themselves and oil. I use avocado oil, which has a high smoke point and is nutritious when I’m cooking at high heat.
The majority of people will enjoy the excellent salty, addicting flavor of this spice blend, but you can adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes.
Italian, Cajun, Southwestern, etc. The options are essentially limitless.
How to make air fryer frozen broccoli
This is an overview of the steps to make this air fryer frozen broccoli, the detailed instructions are down below in the recipe card.
Don’t thaw the frozen broccoli before cooking it in the air fryer. That’s the somewhat unexpected tip.
That’s correct, you can use the air fryer to cook broccoli that is already frozen. Yes, a time-saving method that leads to an improvement in the final product.
While you prepare the broccoli, start by setting your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a bowl, add the frozen (not thawed) broccoli florets.
- Add all the spices and drizzle the avocado oil over the broccoli.
- Mix until the spice combination is distributed uniformly over the florets and everything is thoroughly blended.
- The broccoli should be spread out in a single layer on the trays (or in the basket) of the air fryer.
- For 10 minutes, air fry. Rotate the trays if your model is a tray model after that. Shake the basket if your air fryer is a basket model.
- Continue to air fry the broccoli for a further 8 to 10 minutes until it is crispy and browned.
- don’t thaw the broccoli for the best results. It won’t roast up perfectly if it happens.
- Several times throughout the cooking process, shake your basket.
- For this recipe, a single layer will work best.
- This recipe is very flexible, so feel free to add any of your preferred ingredients.
- The cooking time will change because each air fryer has various variations.
- Several air fryers, including the Gowise, Instant Pot Vortex, and Ninja Foodi, have been used to test this recipe.
You might need to extend the air fryer’s cooking time if you use broccoli florets that are noticeably larger. Depending on the size of your frozen broccoli, adjust accordingly.
Enjoy the air-fried broccoli with a dipping sauce or some lemon wedges!
What To serve with Broccoli
Any dinner can easily be paired with this simple side dish. I’ve paired it with steak, poultry, fish, and even a sizable garden salad.
The ideal KETO and low-carb side dish for any dinner is broccoli.
More Easy and Delicious Recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Avocado Toast With Egg Recipe
- Easy Turkish Baklava Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Air Fryer
- 4 cups Frozen Broccoli florets
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place the frozen broccoli florets in the air fryer basket and then coat them with olive oil spray.
- Avoid letting the broccoli defrost at all before baking; instead, put it directly into the air fryer from the freezer for optimal results.
- Olive oil sprays the broccoli florets, then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Shake the spice basket to distribute them
- For 10 minutes, cook in the air at 400 degrees. Shake the basket and stir it, then air fry for an additional 5 to 15 minutes to achieve the required crispiness.
- Serve immediately and, if preferred, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This is a great recipe. I love the flavors, and I love how easy it is to make!
yeah it is so easy and simple to make!
We love broccoli recipes and thanks for sharing this easy one
I LOVE THAT THIS IS MADE IN THE AIR FRYER!
yep! super easy and quick!
Love this as a quick and easy side dish. One more recipe for my air fryer.
glad you liked it! it’s super quick and easy to make!
Air frying broccoli is now my new favorite way to make it. This recipe is so easy and the results, crispy crunchy tasty broccoli.
Air fryer is the new thing nowadays! and I’m trying to test new recipes using that device! glad you liked the recipe!
Love broccoli. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe to try for dinner.
Perfect and quick way to get a tasty veg side on the table! This really helped me out in a pinch this week. Thank you!
This is RAD!! Had no idea you could air fry broccoli! This was delicious. Thank you so much!
I love this way of cooking broccoli. So tasty!
This is such a good way to cook broccoli. So quick and easy.