This instant pot chicken tenders recipe has the most deliciously tender chicken tenders ever! They are ready to eat in 15 minutes after being cooked in the Instant Pot and make an excellent appetizer or main course. Juicy, flavorful, and seasoned with garlic and herbs.
Got some Gouda Cheese to use up? Try my Quick & Easy Gouda Mac and Cheese after this.
Chicken tenderloin strips made in the instant pot are a fast, simple, and excellent family meal. Furthermore, they are completed in less than 30 minutes.
Any night of the week, these chicken tenderloins from the pressure cooker are ideal as an appetizer or the main course. Additionally, chicken tenderloin from frozen can be used right away!
These Instant Pot chicken tenderloins are a must-make if you’re looking for quick dinner prep ideas and have picky eaters at home. And you might also like Grilled Buffalo Chicken, Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli, and Carrot and Lentil Soup.
Why you’ll Love it
It’s Easy – Making fast pot chicken tenders requires only a few ingredients and processes.
It’s Delicious – The Instant Pot does an excellent job of cooking tender, juicy, and tasty chicken.
It’s Practical – Cooked chicken tenders can be eaten on their own, dipped in sauces, or used in chicken recipes. You can even customize the seasonings to your desire. I’ll make some ideas below.
Chicken tenders are one of my favorite chicken parts. I enjoy the softer texture as well as the fact that they are smaller than chicken breasts and cook faster. Kids adore these, and I prepare them in a variety of ways that the entire family likes.
They are often a crowd favorite, and they come out delightfully moist and juicy when cooked in the Instant Pot. The pressure cooker helps to seal in the fluids, and you don’t have to worry about overcooking and drying them out.
Serve with your favorite dips or as part of the main course.
This pressure cooker chicken tenders dish is simple and can be easily customized with your favorite ingredients. For a basic chicken flavor, I only use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
What You’ll Need
Chicken tenders: In the United Kingdom, these are known as little chicken fillets. This recipe calls for around 2 pounds of chicken tenders. And ensure that the chicken tenders are cut into uniform pieces. As a result, you won’t have to worry about some of them being overcooked while others are still raw because they will cook uniformly. The chicken tendons (that firm white bit near the broader end) can be gently sliced out with a sharp knife and placed on a chopping board.
Olive Oil / Butter: To obtain that lovely, brown crust, we’ll rapidly sear the chicken in olive oil if you do have it at home or with a noisette of butter before pressure-cooking it.
Spices: Simple ingredients allow the chicken flavors to shine through. oregano, salt, black pepper, and thyme.
Chicken Broth: to infuse savory flavor into the sauce
Instant pot: the very essential device to cook the tenders.
Sauce: you can use your favorite dipping sauce, like bbq sauce or ketchup.
How to cook chicken tenders in an instant pot
This is an overview with step-by-step images. The recipe card below contains all of the ingredients and instructions.
- The frozen chicken tenders must first be pressure cooked.
- Add the metal trivet and chicken broth to the pressure cooker. Place the trivet on top of the frozen chicken tenders, then tighten the Instant Pot’s lid.
- then decide on a 5-minute manual high-pressure cooking setting. After the Instant Pot has finished cooking, give it 3 minutes to do a natural release. Do a manual quick release after that.
- Remove the chicken tenderloins to a platter with tongs. Use pot holders to drain the chicken broth from the saucepan after pressing the cancel button.
- Press the sauté button, pour oil into the Instant Pot’s bottom, and let it cook. Combine the seasonings in a shallow dish and lightly brush the seasoning mixture over the chicken tenderloins.
- Chicken strips should be gently dipped into the seasonings and coated all over. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Warm handmade chicken tenders with your preferred dipping sauces are a delectable treat.
When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, it is done. Instant read thermometers are simple to use, affordable, and provide peace of mind by ensuring the meat is never overdone or undercooked.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These chicken tenders are delicious right out of the pressure cooker, but they can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cooked tenders can be eaten cold, added to salads and sandwiches, or reheated in the oven at 350F until warmed through.
Can you freeze chicken tenders?
Yes, cooked chicken tenders are excellent to keep in the freezer! Allow it to cool completely before wrapping tightly and storing it in a freezer bag or airtight container. Thaw the chicken overnight in the refrigerator before using it.
Tenders can be frozen whole or shredded.
Why is my Instant Pot chicken rubbery?
Overcooking the chicken in the Instant Pot can result in rubbery chicken. Check for doneness before the indicated cook time, and use it as a guide.
How long to cook chicken tenders in instant pot?
Pressure cook on high heat for 8–10 minutes; for frozen chicken, cook for 10–12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the breasts). No matter how much chicken you add to the pot, the cooking time remains the same; the pressure-building process merely takes longer.
How do you serve Them?
usually, I serve these as a simple appetizer with dips such as ketchup, ranch, or fry sauce.
They’re also delicious with potato and vegetable sides as the main course.
If you are looking for a great chocolate recipe for breakfast, you can check my Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar recipe.
Substitutions & Tips
Chicken Breasts – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the tenders; simply cut the breasts into long strips.
Frozen – If you only have frozen chicken tenderloins, I do advise thawing them first before using them in this dish. You won’t obtain a well-browned exterior if you don’t defrost them first.
Shredded Chicken – Chicken Tenderloins Should Not Be Used Instead of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs If You Want Shredded Chicken. The fat content makes them easy to shred. To learn how to prepare thighs, see my recipe for keto-pulled chicken.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Red Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Instant Pot Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Mix all the spices together, and Season both sides of each chicken tender with the spice mixture.
- Melt the butter in the instant pot, then add the chicken tenders.
- Sauté and brown the chicken tenders on each side for 1-2 minutes. This step is optional, although it helps to lock in the taste.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the instant pot.
- Pour in the pre-heated chicken broth into the instant pot.
- Place the chicken tenders in the trivet and put back into the instant pot.
- Close the lid, and set it to high pressure for about 5 minutes.
- When finished, open the pressure valve and wait for the pressure to release before allowing the chicken to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the pot. Serve with your favorite ketchup or sauce! Voila, Bon Appétit!
Leave a Reply